Director: Alina and Paul-Alexandru Remes
“Mugurelul”, the student folk ensemble of the Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj-Napoca was founded in 1969. Starting with 1971, the folk ensemble begins to make itself noticed in student festivals and wins his first prize, the Greatest Award of Student Art and Creation Festival, folklore section. Afterward, the ensemble had hundreds of performances on the national and international stages.
Recently this prestigious ensemble celebrated 50 years of continuous activity which created and formed more than ten generations of dancers. As for all student ensembles, the youth is a guarantee of quality performances, proven by the successes of over 50 tournaments on three continents, and by numerous diplomas and awards. Since 2015 the artistic management and the choreography of the ensemble is signed and directed by Alina and Paul-Alexandru Remeș. Perseverance and professionalism represent their business card in the field of traditional Romanian folk dance. With them, the repertory of the ensemble received a new form which combines the authentic traditions from the villages with the musical arts of the show.
- ‘The Great Prize’ – National Folk Contest and International Folk Festival – Mioveni, Romania
- Op Roakeldais Festival – Dance with the World, Warffum, Netherlands
- International Green Week – Berlin, Germany
- Cosmopolis Festival – Kavala, Greece
- Võru Folklore Festival – Estonia
- Folklores du Monde de Saint Malo – France
Participation: in the solo/couple competition of the festival