Country: Kamchatka region Russian Federation
Director: Dolgan Elizaveta
The Koryak folklore dance ensemble ‘Angt’ (in Koryak language ‘Holiday’) was organised in 2001 as an amateur group at the behest of the Koryak Regional Centre of Folk Art.
The repertoire includes dances, songs and rituals of the indigenous people of Kamchatka and the Koryak District: Koryaks, Itelmens, Evens, Chukchi.
The main backbone of the collective consists of former dancers of the ‘Mengo’ ensemble and the best graduates of the National Choreography Department of Palana College. The dignity of I.I. Zhukov is that his team is a real professional base for young people.
Currently, the ensemble is constantly touring the Kamchatka Territory, taking part in all events in Palana, is a continual participant in the regional festival ‘Golden Springs’, and the only annual nomadic festival in Russia, ‘Alluring Worlds, Ethnic Russia’, as well as in other cultural events in Russia and abroad.
- Grand Prix of the Festival of Northern Peoples of Russia – ‘Merry Holiday’ in 2005
- Laureate and 1st place winner for High Technique and Best Choreography at the International Festival in Italy in 2007
- Laureate of the All-Russian festival ‘Round Dance of Folklore’, held on Poklonnaya Gora, Moscow in 2010
- Laureate of the IV International Festival ‘Russian Round Dance of Folklore’, Suzdal 2010
- Winner of the medal ‘Laureate of the All-Russian Exhibition Centre’, Moscow 2007
Participation: in the virtual competition of the festival